Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What am I?

I am a Menthos dropped into a Diet Coke.  I am an arrow released from the tension of the bow.  I am vinegar poured over baking soda.  I am a stone flying from the strap of a slingshot.

I am 25,000 words (25,245, to be exact) into a 50,000 word "novel."  I am sleep deprived and doing 800 things at once.  I am one month (and one day...) away from graduating from college.  I am standing on the threshold of the rest of my life.  I am, naturally, doing this every single day, but I am now extremely conscious of it.

I am both desperate for and repulsed by complacency.  I am tiny in my fear, and I am enormous in my love for life.  I am cowering before all that faces me, and I am revealing myself to the vastness of the world.  I am contradictory in my nature.

I am singing into the wind; I am hiding my face; I am screaming into the void; I am treading lightly; I am disturbing the universe; I am avoiding it altogether; I am rambling.

I am terrified, I am excited, I am anxious, I am impatient, I am hesitant, I am curious, I am afraid.

The question that remains is, am I ready?


1 comment: