Tuesday, October 2, 2012

La douleur

What happens when our tired, aching feet,
grown too big for their shoes,
absolutely refuse to pull us out and
around to where our old stomping
grounds used to be, when our meeting
place is nothing more than the lost and
found for memories of old, forgotten days?

What happens when we scatter silently,
here and there and everywhere, like 
dandelion fluff, carried by a puff of
leisurely breeze at its ease,
to each their own, to find a home,
as the breeze turns into a wind, and
blows us to all four corners and more
of the earth, how will we continue
to determine our friendship's worth?

What happens when you are where 
you want to be and have forgotten me,
when I am lost in the middle of 
my mind, and cannot find my
way out through the maze I traced
from older days, when we 
used to know the path, but when
you are where you want 
to be, who will help to set me free?

What happens then?


Thank you for reading.  I am learning.  I am growing.  I am changing.

1 comment:

  1. Erica, I am awed by how you have learned to be fearless early in your life. Keep on writing and reading and growing.
    gg

    ReplyDelete