Saturday, December 8, 2012

Excerpt from Journal: December 7, 2012

The only reason it hurts so badly is because I have been so blessed.  I would not be so sad if I had not experienced those things and loved those people and had them love me back.  It is worth it.  As heartbroken as I am, it just shows the extent of how good I had it, and I couldn't be more grateful.  I am in so much emotional anguish and pain over these partings because at one point, my happiness was boundless, and this was the price.

-----

On goodbyes and graduating; I could not be more surprised at my own emotions.  I put tentative roots down in a city I thought I could never grow to love, but grow I did.  I met the most extraordinary people and learned so much, in and outside of the classroom.  And while I am thrilled to be home, and have looked forward to this for so long, I am so sad to leave my close friends.  It's an awful tug-of-war on my heart, but I am doing my best to not dwell on it all (though I have failed at that so far).

In my sadness, I am grateful.  Sending my love to all of my friends back in Lafayette.  I apologize for the excessive melodrama that I've been spouting for the past week or so.  And I apologize if this particular post is nonsensical.  I've been quite emotional.  But for good reason.  At least, I hope the stress of graduating and growing up and all that is good reason.

I've been so scatterbrained, I truly cannot think of a good way to end this post.  Just know that yes, I have been very emotional lately, and saying goodbye to a place I would sometimes slip up and call "home" every once in a while was extremely difficult, but that I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment